Decoupage Flask DIY Crafts Project
Do-It-Yourself Decoupage Flasks
Craft your own beautiful flasks following these easy instructions. We show you how to make a decoupage flask with Japanese origami paper. These make wonderful party gifts or wedding favors.
- Supplies Needed: Sleek 50 ml Liquor Flask, origami paper or other decorative papers, clear varnish, paint brush, wax paper, scissors.
- Step 1: Paint surface of paper with clear varnish and allow to dry per package instructions.
- Step 2: Measure height and width needed. Cut paper to size adding about 1/4" to length for overlap on back of flask.
- Step 3: Brush flask with varnish and attach paper at center back. Begin wrapping, checking that paper is being applied straight along edges.
- Step 4: Paint extra varnish on very end flap of paper and press into place smoothing out any wrinkles or bubbles. Allow to dry.
Tip: Once dry, add trims or rhinestones accents using silicone glue.
Varnish the paper before applying to flask.
Varnish the Paper: Trim decorative paper 3/4" larger than flask. Paint surface of paper with varnish. Allow to dry. If adding photo, trim to size and layer over paper with more varnish.
Measure height and width of flask.
Measure height and width needed. Trim paper to exact height. Add 1/4" to length for overlap on back of flask.
Varnishing the flask.
Brush flask with varnish. Attach paper at center back. Begin wrapping, adjusting paper so that it is applied straight along edges.
Finishing flask varnishing.
Paint extra varnish on end flap of paper. Press into place. Smooth out any wrinkles or bubbles. Allow to dry.
Decorative Flasks - Idea Variations and Uses
- Add beads, photos, ribbon, charms to craft your own special flask gift.
- Compact flasks also are a great great size for tucking in purse or pocket.
- Use your creative ideas to make a unique bridesmaid favor, Mother's Day present or unusual Christmas gift.
- Click on Wholesale Craft Supplies for our complete selection of craft pill boxes, business card cases, bookmark hooks, box frames and more.