Despard Switch Wall Plates, Stacked Interchangeable Light Switches
Despard Light Switch Plates, Outlet Covers, Stacked IC SwitchesDespard switch plates and tandem wall plates in more than twenty standard, narrow and jumbo sizes. Kyle Design's UL approved Despard switch plates & outlet covers are an excellent choice for homes and businesses with interchangeable (IC), stacked, or tandem Despard switches. Despard switch plates are also found in Sierra low voltage wiring systems installed in older homes.
Shop By Size: Click links at left for configurations.
View Finishes: Click Despard sizes below.
See More: Click VIEW ALL for all stacked switch cover plates.
Historic Despard Wall Plates
Beginning with in homes built in the 30's, and commonly used well into the 40's, 50's and 60's, Despard style switches and wall plates were manufactured by Sierra Electric which was later bought out by Pass and Seymour Legrand. Despard wall switch covers are rare but not impossible to replace. Today, switch plate manufacturers have responded to the needs of owners of the older home with low voltage wiring, house flippers and DIY home remodelers by updating Despard switch cover finishes and making them more available to consumers. What was once an interior design conundrum is now an affordable update that will make your mid-century or historic home worthy of envy. Tudor or Arts & Crafts houses decorated in original antique, vintage or retro styles can now be accessorized with period-authentic switchplates that will compliment, not compromise, your decor. These unique switch plate covers are sold in classic colors such as ivory, brass and light almond or can be modernized with a stainless steel or chrome finish.
Wall Plate Covers for Despard, Stacked Interchangeable SwitchesThe Despard Device is a less common, older device with a rounded shape that is slightly flattened top and bottom that is once again gaining popularity because of its flexibility. Kyle Design stocks a wide range of configurations for Despard toggle switches, electrical outlets and pilot lighted electrical devices.
- Despard Sizes: Despard openings are 11/16" H x 29/32" W at the widest point and are available on switch plates in both vertical and horizontal stacked layouts typically with one, two or three openings per gang.
- Applications and Uses: Narrow Despard devices are often used for curtain walls, movable office partitions, trailers, mobile homes, marine installations, narrow door and window mullions or other locations with limited space or restricted options.
- Flexible: Available as a switch, outlet or pilot light, it is also known as an interchangeable device and fits an opening that is only 1" across at its widest point. It is sometimes confused with the larger duplex device.
- Mounting Straps: These devices must be mounted into a strap on the back of the plate. This major difference between the Despard device and a standard Duplex device is that up to three separate Despard devices can be conveniently mounted on a single gang on a switchplate.
- One Device Per Opening: A separate interchangeable switch or outlet must be purchased for every individual opening on a Despard switch plate.